A public notice was published in the ‘Lancashire Evening Post’ on 28 May 1926 detailing the arrangements for the arrival of the Peacemakers’ Pilgrimage in the city on Sunday 30 May. Pilgrims from further north would be met by cars at the Market Hall in Garstang. At 4pm a procession would be formed in order at Moor Park Avenue with each section having its own banner. The Preston Peace Pilgrimage banner would lead. Other organisations to be represented included, among many, the League of Nations Union, Women’s International League, National Union of Teachers, and the Women’s Section of the Labour Party. The procession was to be followed by a reception given by the Mayor. A mass meeting would take place in the evening in the Town Hall Square or, if wet, in the covered market.
A further report noted that, despite a heavy downpour, the day itself went to plan. Seventy Lancaster and Kendal pilgrims were picked up at Garstang. The procession of over 500 was accompanied by two bands. The lead banner was inscribed ‘Proud Preston’s Peace Pilgrimage.’ Many marchers carried flags. In the evening large numbers gathered under cover in the Fish Market. Four platforms were set up and various speakers addressed the crowd.
Lancashire Evening Post, 28 May 1926 & 31 May 1926.