Caton, four miles from Lancaster, was still an industrial village in the 1920s, (1) although also home to some of Lancaster’s wealthier employers. The Secretaries’ report at the 1932 AGM of the Lancaster branch of the League of Nations Union (LNU) included the comment that ‘interest at Caton has been revived and it is hoped to see a new sub-branch there in the near future.’ (2) However, to date, nothing more about LNU activity in Caton, either before or after 1932, has been found.
Caton was in the Lancaster LNU District Council area.
(1) James W.A. Price, 1983. The Industrial Archaeology of the Lune Valley. Centre for North-West Regional Studies, University of Lancaster. Occasional Paper No.13.
(2) Lancaster Guardian, 18 Mar 1932.