Glasson Dock‘s inhabitants in the 1920s were still largely employed at the port, while the surrounding area was farmland. (1) The parish had one of the most active members of the Lancaster League of Nations Union (LNU) members in its vicar, Rev. C.E. Golland MA , who became one of the first Vice-Presidents of the branch in 1921 and remained on the Executive until his death in 1926. In the early years of the Lancaster League of Nations Union he was active in promoting the League of Nations , both in Lancaster and the surrounding countryside, organising lantern lectures at both Glasson Dock and the nearby village of Aldcliffe. (2) However, no evidence that a branch was established at either place has come to light so far.
(1) J. D. Hayhurst, 1987, Glasson Dock, A Walk Around the Village, Thurnham Parish Council.
(2) Lancaster Guardian 19 Mar 1921, 22 Apr 1922 & 11 Sep 1926.